Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Still Cold!

It's still cold. And snowy. And winter!
It's getting a little tiring, but I have some new changes that I am looking forward to.
I'm hoping to make the jump from work at Steve & Barry's, to teaching private voice and piano lessons. Unfortunately, since things have been very slow at work, I haven't been getting many hours, but this also led me to realize how great it would be to teach on a regular basis.

I'm also participating in the February songwriting challenge with some friends from Wisconsin, which essentially entails writing one song every two days for the entire month of February. I'm running a little behind right now, but it has taught me a lot about my variety of songwriting styles, and I'm glad that I'm recording all of the new songs so that I don't forget them! Hopefully, I'll catch up before the end of the month when we are going to share all of our works.

Cassie has been really busy with school, and has been gone quite a bit. She has been working really hard lately, and I hope she gets through the rest of the semester without going crazy! I know she'll make it, though, because she's handled this kind of stress many times before.

Next week is going to be the last show by the band I am in from Oshkosh. We had a great run, and played some really exciting shows, including the Lifefest music festival, which was an amazing experience. It looks like we're all getting so busy, and I am living so far away, that this is probably the time to call it quits for the band. It is a little sad, but it's also exciting that we all have so many great things going on in our own individual lives.

Finally, we're planning a trip to Chicago this Saturday to visit the art museum and I'm really looking forward to seeing the Edward Hopper exhibit. We haven't been into Chicago in a while, and I think it will be great to get away for a day.

Well, I guess there's more going on than I thought, despite the cold winter! We'll see how everything turns out.

No comments: