Sunday, January 20, 2008

Great Celebration, Disappointing Loss


Because of a Packers win last week, my parents and brother came down to Dekalb today to watch the big NFC championship against the Giants on our big 50" TV. And, since my birthday is coming up this Thursday, we also took the opportunity to celebrate my birthday!

We had a nice halftime celebration, and also gave my mom gifts because it will be her birthday this week, as well.

Notice the beautifully decorated cake from my favorite place to get cakes, Dairy Queen! I used to get one of those every year when I was a kid, and I still love them now.

The Packers ended up having a lousy second half, despite putting up a hard fight on a frigid weekend with the wind chill at about -20. We were all pretty disappointed that we didn't get to see the Pack go to another Superbowl, but Brett will probably come back again, and there's always next year!

So although we leave with sadness, Cassie and I are gearing up for a busy week, filled with both work and celebrating.


No comments: